Any physical harm that is caused by someone else is classified as personal injury. Injuries may occur from recreational activities and they can range from mild to fatal, depending on the type of activity. They usually occur when the activity involves equipment that may malfunction during operation. Cardinal Law Partners provide an aggressive advocacy and representation in helping victims of recreational activities accidents pursue compensation that is deserve.
What are Recreational Activities Accidents?
Recreational activities are any sports and physical activities that are meant for pleasure and leisure. Dirt bike racing, camping, hunting, boating, baseball, basketball, and the likes, are all types of recreational activities.
Recreational activities accidents may include:
- Simple strains or sprains: Physically challenging activities may cause muscle strains and sprains that are excruciatingly painful.
- Cuts and bruises: Contact sports and activities that involve machines, like ATV, may malfunction and cause minor injuries like cuts and bruises.
- Bone Fractures: Serious injuries may involve broken bones that are not only painful but are also expensive to repair.
- Fire-related: Camping sites are prone to fire incidents that may destroy belongings and even cause physical harm.
- Drowning: Water-related activities are prone to cause drowning, especially when the boat capsizes or when the participants are not very good swimmers.
- Anaphylaxis: Most recreational activities are done outdoors making the participants exposed to all kinds of allergens or toxins. An anaphylactic reaction is a dangerous condition if not treated at once.
Understanding the Dangers of Recreational Activities Accidents
Recreation activities cover a broad range of events. This is why the extent of injuries also varies as a result of engaging in different recreational activities. Most of these accidents are due to some form of negligence. It can be that the person failed to exercise the amount of caution, or another person, like the recreational facility owners/operators have caused the injury by not having enough precautionary measures and equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are You a Victim of a Recreational Activities Accident?
If you or a loved one are involved in a recreational activity accident,you may be entitled to seek compensation for medical bills since medical treatment may be necessary to get you back in the finest, pre-accident form. Other losses may also occur such as lost wages and future income if you can no longer work because of the injuries you sustained. You have to understand that you may be rightful to receive compensation once the liability has been sorted out.
Over the years, Cardinal Law Partners has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for personal injury claims, including recreational activities accident cases. Our lawyers have the insight and resources to handle any case. We are familiar with the regulations and laws that are inherent to these kinds of cases. Depending on the circumstances, our firm can help you identify the responsible parties that must be held accountable for causing the accident.
If you or a loved one has lost a family member or was injured in a recreational activities accident, contact Cardinal Law Partners now to schedule a free consultation with our personal injury attorneys.