Follow these tips to take your standard injury claim and turn it into a strong workers’ compensation case:
- Medical care – make sure that you seek treatment and physician care immediately following your injury.
- Notify your employer immediately of your injury. (A Report of Injury form is usually standard and kept on file and available by most employers.)
- File a workers’ compensation claim with the North Carolina Industrial Commission as quickly as possible.
- Stay consistent and specific regarding the details of your injury and work.
- Keep in mind that the insurance company is watching your every move. The following will be scrutinized very carefully: appointments, medical records, and your activity on social media.
- Offer no recorded statements, unless you have consulted with an attorney before doing so.
- Keep all-inclusive, flawless records.
- Finally, you deserve compensation for your work-related injury. Get it! Here’s how…
The Best-Qualified Person to Handle Your Medical Compensation Claim
The Board Certified Workers’ Compensation Attorneys at Cardinal Law Partners have over half a century experience representing injured workers for their workers’ compensation claims. We have represented injured employers no matter their respective fields of work. To have your rights represented by an experienced, knowledgeable, and highly qualified team, you need a law firm with a proven track record of handling workers’ compensation cases. For a free consultation, contact Cardinal Law Partners today.