Health Care

Category


Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/cardinal/public_html/wp-content/themes/cardinal-law-partners/functions.php on line 373
Insurance companies have no interest in paying you all that you deserve. They often deny claims, delay giving you answers, and hope you become so frustrated that you give up. An attorney can make sure you obtain what you are entitled to, not only from the other driver’s insurance company but also from your own[...]

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/cardinal/public_html/wp-content/themes/cardinal-law-partners/functions.php on line 373
Yes, unlike workers’ compensation cases where pain and suffering is not a benefit, people injured as a result of another person’s negligence can receive compensation for pain and suffering. Pain and suffering can include many, many things and cover a wide variety of situations. Just a few examples of this could include pain recovering from[...]

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/cardinal/public_html/wp-content/themes/cardinal-law-partners/functions.php on line 373
Unfortunately, probably not. North Carolina is a contributory negligence state. What that means is that if you are found to have contributed in any way to the fault of the accident then you cannot recover at all from the other person. (not even if you are 1% and the other person is 99%) For example,[...]

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/cardinal/public_html/wp-content/themes/cardinal-law-partners/functions.php on line 373
You can go to your doctor(s) for medical treatment. The sooner the better! Since the insurance company in a car accident does not pay for your medical bills upfront, you may go where ever you want for treatment. Document the medical facilities where you’ve received treatment and keep records of all your bills so at[...]

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/cardinal/public_html/wp-content/themes/cardinal-law-partners/functions.php on line 373
Seek medical attention if you are injured! Take pictures, get the names and numbers of any available witnesses, remain at the scene to collect all the insurance information and contact information of everyone involved. Talk to an attorney prior to talking to the insurance companies.

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/cardinal/public_html/wp-content/themes/cardinal-law-partners/functions.php on line 373
Disability benefits are paid to injured workers in accepted claims (or claims where the workers’ compensation insurance company admits that the worker is entitled to compensation). Weekly benefits are paid when there is total disability (the injured worker is not capable of any work) or when they can return to work at lesser wages (partial[...]